Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Alphabet - our summer project

This little project has been one of my favourites - although I find myself saying that a lot these days so you'll have to forgive me :)

Our mission - to find the alphabet!  Everywhere we went this summer we were on the lookout for letters, which we then took photos of and printed out until we had the whole board covered.

I managed to get a cheap alphabet picture from the 99p shop and we used this as a template.

Great fun watching this build up and a useful exercise in letter placement, as well observation skills - for me too!

Today we finally completed the last few letters and it looks a little something like this

I made a soft copy of all the letter too and made them into a nice printout for him to put on our noticeboard.  I am loving how this looks.



And just in case we need a bit of Star Wars, I have this as a surprise for him too - check out the Star Wars Alphabet:



I looked to find the source website for this and it appears to be broken, so I'm hoping that the pinterest link will work instead: http://pinterest.com/pin/494340496568929258

No comments:

Post a Comment